INDEPENDENT TOUR – ROUND-TRIP FROM WHITEHORSE
Vancouver to Whitehorse
Fly from Vancouver and, on arrival at Whitehorse, you’ll be met and taken to the Sundog Retreat to start your Yukon adventure. Enjoy a delicious dinner then, when darkness falls, view the Aurora from your cottage or from the heated viewing centre, complete with outdoor campfire. If the Aurora are quiet you can enjoy a dazzling display of constellations with a telescope.
After breakfast leave the resort for a guided 3-hour city tour – wander on Main Street, see the healing totem pole, Kranlin Dun Cultural Centre, Log Skyscraper and the Sternwheeler SS Klondike. Lunch is on your own then head back to Sundog Retreat. Perhaps try snow- shoeing, read a book or enjoy the hot tub and sauna. Moose, deer, foxes, rabbits all inhabit this area so watch out. After dinner there’s another opportunity for Aurora viewing.
After breakfast and an early lunch you’ll be picked up around noon for an afternoon dog-sledding adventure where you will learn to guide your own team of dogs on the trail. Savour the sights and scents of the pristine Yukon wilderness. Arrive back at Sundog Retreat around 5pm for dinner and another opportunity for Aurora viewing.
End of Package
Your adventure comes to an end with a transfer back to Whitehorse Airport.
Aurora Snow Package
- Accommodation for 3 nights at Sundog Retreat
- Meals: 3 dinners, 3 breakfasts & 1 lunch (starting with dinner on Day 1 and ending with breakfast on Day 4)
- Transfers between Whitehorse Airport or downtown and Sundog Retreat (will meet any flight or pick up/drop off at any Whitehorse hotel)
- Winter Clothing Rental including boots, snow pants, warm parka, hat & mittens
- Activities & Equipment: half-day guided sled dog excursion; 3-hour Whitehorse city tour; Aurora Borealis/ Northern Lights viewing (days 1-3); snow shoes
- Federal GST
- Flights to and from Whitehorse
- Lunch during city tour
- Alcoholic beverages